ELECTRICAL ENGINEER (mid level/Sr) - Cary, NC
Precis Engineering is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer to work on projects focused on biotech, pharmaceutical and food / beverage facilities. This individual must have a background in electrical engineering and a thorough understanding of power system and lighting design in commercial and light industrial markets. We are looking for a resourceful and goal-oriented individual who desires challenging work in a dynamic environment.
- Provide electrical engineering services supporting projects from conceptual through detailed design support of pharmaceutical, R&D, process development & manufacturing facilities.
- Interface with other designers and client representatives to supervise and coordinate the development of design deliverables.
- Develop design documentation including engineering calculations, drawings and diagrams.
- Perform electrical system calculations including load analysis, lighting foot-candle calculations, and short circuit calculations using state of the art computer based programs.
- Develop engineering calculations, drawings, equipment specifications, protocols and other design deliverables supporting facility expansions, renovations, new equipment and remediation projects.
- Provide conceptual designs, feasibility studies and electrical system capacity analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related major
- 5-10+ years MEP engineering experience
- Experience with design of GMP and FDA regulated facilities and/or central plant utilities is preferred.
- Experience in technical leadership, schedule, cost, and scope management
- Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills
- Knowledge of applicable codes and standards.
- Strong computer literacy, good written & verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Autodesk software (Revit and AutoCAD)
- EIT or Registered P.E. is preferred.
Precis is a 80+ person consulting engineering firm located in Ambler, Pennsylvania. We offer excellent salary and benefits.
Precis Engineering provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.