MECHANICAL ENGINEER PHARMACEUTICAL/BIOTECH - Cary, NC office
The Engineer will assist in the following:
- Provide mechanical engineering services supporting projects from conceptual through detailed design of pharmaceutical, R&D, process development & manufacturing facilities.
- Interface with other designers and client representatives to coordinate the development of design deliverables.
- Develop design documentation including engineering calculations and drawings for HVAC, ductwork, process piping and plant utilities.
- Develop equipment specifications, protocols and other design deliverables supporting facility expansions, renovations, new equipment and remediation projects.
- Supply feasibility studies, concept development, safety/risk analysis, equipment/utilities capacity analysis and sizing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5-7 years MEP engineering experience.
- Experience with GMP projects, plant utilities, clean utilities, clean rooms and HVAC equipment is desirable.
- Knowledge of applicable codes and standards.
- Strong computer literacy, good written & verbal communication skills.
- Moderate to good proficiency with Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, and AutoCAD and/or REVIT
- PE is a plus.