SENIOR PROCESS AUTOMATION ENGINEER - Ambler, PA
- Responsible for management and coordination of multi-discipline engineering teams for automation projects comprised of Precis, client, and third-party personnel.
- Subject matter expert in design and implementation for process, utility, and building automation systems.
- Experience with major automation system vendors including Allen Bradley, Siemens, Honeywell, ABB, and Emerson.
- Familiarity of systems integration technologies and approaches.
- Experience in automation system implementation/migration projects and upgrades required.
- Knowledge of cGxP requirements as they relate to automation systems preferred.
- Present automation system designs at client meetings.
- Assist in performing quality reviews on Precis and sub-contracted third-party deliverables and submittals.
- Interface with and manage third-party control system vendors.
- Develop new clients, maintain and expand the relationship and scope of work with existing clients.
- Determine project requirements, customer requirements, performance standards, complete technical studies, prepare cost estimates.
- Prepare proposals in response to RFPs.
- Identify project phases and elements; determine resource needs for project responsibilities and participate in planning to assign personnel accordingly.
- Present information, report out, represent Precis and the project team at client meetings.
- Prepare and review systems calculations, drawings, and specifications.
- Maintain project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, resolving problems.
- Control project costs and confirm project performance using key performance indicators.
A successful candidate will have the following Qualifications
- B.S. or M.S. in Chemical or Electrical Engineering or related major required.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the field.
- The ability to work well with others, lead a team and manage in matrix teams and environments with multiple clients.
- Experience in automation systems design and implementation.
- Experience in industrial and process instrumentation types, technologies, and specification.
- Delegation, mentoring, negotiating, and team skills.
- Effective presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and time management skills.
- Logical thinking with creative problem solving skills.
- Understanding of budget control.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Automation Systems Hardware and Software
- Industrial and Process Instrumentation
- Business Development & Client Management
- Strategic Thinking/Problem Solving/Analysis
- Customer/Client Focus
- Communication Proficiency
- Time Management
- Team Leadership
BS or MS degree in Chemical or Electrical Engineering or related
SUBMIT RESUMES TO CAREERS@Precisengineering.com