FIRE PROTECTION ENGINEER - Ambler, PA
Requirements: BS degree in Fire Protection Engineering or other related engineering discipline.4+ years of experience in delivering design services for the construction of industrial and commercial buildings. Experience with the Pharmaceutical, Biotech, and Healthcare industries a plus. This individual will have responsibility for engineering level design for fire protection systems for all types of building design projects including commercial, industrial, pharmaceutical, and more. Must be organized, efficient and work well with in a team environment. Good computer skills are necessary for this position.
The responsibilities of the position include:
- Specifying design criteria for various building occupancies and hazards.
- Design & Layout of fire sprinkler and other suppression systems.
- Understand and perform hydraulic calculations, using hydraulic calculation software, such as HASS or similar programs.
- Working knowledge of relevant NFPA standards including but not limited to NFPA 13, 14, 20 and 24.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows and Office products.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Interface and coordination with other disciplines; architecture, site, structural, HVAC, plumbing, process and electrical.
- Experience with AutoCADand Revit/Revit MEP.
- Fire modeling experience is desirable.
- Review of fire protection shop drawings and related submittals.
- Field survey of fire protection installations.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and maintain individual schedule and completion dates.
- Ability to read and understand insurance, fire and building codes and standards, plans, specifications, and technical business documents.
- NICET, CFPS certification or other relevant accreditation is a plus.
Precis is a 80+ person consulting engineering firm located in Ambler, Pennsylvania. We offer excellent salary and benefits.
Precis Engineering provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.