MECHANICAL ENGINEER – PHARMACEUTICAL/BIOTECH
Precis Engineering (www.precisengineering.com) is an engineering consulting firm serving the pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors. Our firm is recognized for our world-class process design capabilities and specializes in technology-intensive projects within the regulated life sciences industry.
Precis Engineering is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer to work on projects focused on biotech, pharmaceutical and food / beverage facilities. This individual must have a background in mechanical engineering/HVAC/process utilities and a thorough understanding of engineering practice within FDA regulated industries. We are looking for a resourceful and goal-oriented individual who desires challenging work in a dynamic environment.
- Provide mechanical engineering services supporting projects from conceptual through detailed design, commissioning and qualification of pharmaceutical, R&D, process development & manufacturing facilities.
- Interface with other designers and client representatives to supervise and coordinate the development of design deliverables.
- Develop design documentation including engineering calculations and drawings for HVAC, ductwork, process piping and plant utilities.
- Develop equipment specifications, protocols and other design deliverables supporting facility expansions, renovations, new equipment and remediation projects.
- Supply feasibility studies, concept development, safety/risk analysis, equipment/utilities capacity analysis and sizing.
- Provide commissioning and troubleshooting support for equipment and utility systems.
- Assignments at local client sites plus opportunities for nationwide travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 3-10 years MEP engineering experience; minimum of 2 years experience with design of FDA regulated facilities is preferred.
- Experience with GMP projects, plant utilities, clean utilities, clean rooms and HVAC equipment is desirable.
- Knowledge of applicable codes and standards.
- Strong computer literacy, good written & verbal communication skills.
- Moderate to good proficiency with Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, and AutoCAD
- EIT or Registered P.E. is a plus.
Precis Engineering provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Forward your resume to email@example.com.